Fire Investigation in Dinoyo

MALANG – East Java Police Forensic Laboratory (Labfor) team examined the cause of fire at the location of the shop house (Ruko) Sport Mania and other shop houses, in MT Haryono street, Malang. To identify the flame Saturday (20/1), the team of East Java Police Forensic Laboratory (Labfor) assisted by the identification team Polres Malang City.

From Radar Malang visited, East Java Police Forensic Laboratory arrived at 10.30 a.m. in location. Then go up to the second floor to see the condition of post-fire shop. They looked seriously checking the burned location on the second floor. Information from the Head of East Java Police Laboratory Forensic Team, Kompol Hadi Purwanto, the team took several samples of fire.

“We took the ashes for checked necessity in the laboratory, this is to determine whether there is a fuel or not,” said Hadi after the examination, last Tuesday (23/1).

According to him, it could be fire from an electrical short circuit, so it is necessary to take additional samples. “Not only the dust samples, but also taken from heat sources such as lighting and installation of power lines,” he added.

The evidence which taken will be checked and tested in the laboratory. Inspection time is not short. “Laboratory results are approximately 3 weeks away, so we can know the cause of the fire,” he said

The flaming fire occurred on Saturday (20/1) morning at around 09:00 a.m. The fire is known to appear on the second floor of Sport Mania which is adjacent to the Sport Station store. Fortunately, Sport Mania shop houses is already insured by the owner. As reported, the owner of Sport Mania, Abdul Muni states, the total loss reached until Rp 5 billion.

This fire was known by Wahyu, one of the employees. He heard an explosion when cleaning. Around 09:05 a.m., sparks which predicted caused by electrical short circuit ignited some merchandise in the second floor warehouse. At 9:15 a.m. The employees tried to extinguish the fire, but it did not work. They came out and asked for help from the local people. At 11:25 a.m., fire was successfully extinguished after seven shop houses on the second floor were burned.

Reporter: Aris Syaiful
Editor: Irham Thoriq
Translator: Rodliah Zinka
Photografer: Falahi Mubarok